Caught a total of 45 birds today (36 new and 9 returns).  Not quite as busy as
the last 2 banding days, but nevertheless a very good day for the Chatfield
Station.  We had time to admire our first ever Chestnut-sided Warbler (a
beautiful adult male).  We also had lovely FOS Bullock's Oriole, Western
Tanager and Plumbeous Vireo that we took time to enjoy.  Here is the full
breakdown:

Dusky Flycatcher 3
Least Flycatcher (FOS) 1
Plumbeous Vireo (FOS) 1
House Wren 4 new, 1 return (banded 2010)
Swainson's Thrush 1
Gray Catbird 5 new, 2 returns (1 banded 2008, 1 in 2009)
Virginia's Warbler 1
Yellow Warbler 6 new, 5 returns (1 from 2006, 1 from 2007, 1 from 2009, 2 from
2010)
Chestnut-sided Warbler (first at station) 1
Yellow-rumped Warbler, Audubon's 1
MacGillivray's Warbler 1
Common Yellowthroat 2
Western Tanager (FOS) 1
Green-tailed Towhee 1
Spotted Towhee 2 new, 1 return (banded 2010)
Lincoln Sparrow 3
Mountain White-crowned Sparrow 1
Bullock's Oriole (FOS) 1

Again, just a reminder, we are open Wed and Thurs, closed Fri and Sat, then
open every day weather permitting through Memorial Day.

Meredith McBurney
Rocky Mountain Bird Observatory
Chatfield Banding Station