We and the Tuesday Birders had a fun if wet day.  We caught about 40 birds
before the thunder, lightning and rain started about 9 a.m.  We ran around,
pulled the nets closed, and then all huddled under our canopy and looked at
birds!  Highlights were male and female Western Tanagers and Black-headed
Grosbeaks, plus the great variety (15 species).  Here's the breakdown:

Western Wood-pewee (FOS) 1
Least Flycatcher 1
Dusky Flycatcher 1
Plumbeous Vireo 1
House Wren 1
Gray Catbird 6
Yellow Warbler 5 new, 1 return (banded 2006)
Yellow-rumped Warbler, Audubon's 2
Common Yellowthroat 5
Wilson's Warbler 5
Yellow-breasted Chat 1
Western Tanager 4
Lincoln's Sparrow 2
Black-headed Grosbeak (FOS) 3
American Goldfinch 1

Open through Memorial Day, weather permitting!

Meredith McBurney
Rocky Mountain Bird Observatory
Chatfield Banding Station