Denver Field Ornithologists
June 2011 Field Trips

Saturday, June 25      Rigli Ranch
Leader: Joe Rigli, 970-768-7121
Full day trip. A treat to bird at this private ranch.   Led by owner who
has birded here since childhood.   Prairie, riparian, and woodlands habitats.
 Possible long-billed curlew, oriole sp., burrowing owls, raptors, and
prairie wildflowers.   We will meet leader at ranch at 9:00 am. From Hudson, go
east on CO 52 until it turns north.   Don't turn north, but continue east on
Morgan County road F to CR 14, then turn north for approximately one mile
to first house on left by boxcars.   Bring lunch and extra water.   Wear long
pants.

Sunday, June 26         Alfred M. Bailey Bird Nesting Area
Leader: Toni Rautus, 303-422-7322
A unique birding spot located in the Eagles Nest Wilderness Area at 9500‘
elevation. Many different habitats here so we will have a diversity and
abundance of nesting birds. Meet leader at 7:00 am at the Wendy‘s just north of
Hwy. 9 at the Silverthorne exit of I-70. Take exit 205 off I-70 and you will
see the Wendy‘s immediately on the right.   Bring lunch and water.   We will
be birding into the afternoon.   If questions please call the leader.

Scheduled by Mary Geder

Submitted by             Chris A. Blakeslee - DFO Board Member
                         Centennial, Colorado
                         corvidc...@aol.com