Two burrowing owls seen on Monday morning at about 8:00am, 3.1 to 3.3
miles east of 96th and Tower Rd near Denver International Airport. The
road goes east, then north, so it's on the north stretch. The owls
were on the west side of the road. They hopped into their burrows
before I could get a picture, unfortunately.

A guy who works for one of the oil companies stopped to chat and said
that he's heard reports of additional burrowing owls about half a mile
to the north on the west side of the road where there's a big dirt
patch. I went there, but didn't see any.

- Barry Gingrich
  Broomfield County