This has been a great year in our yard.
The biggest joy has been the rain, which brought the hummingbirds to our 7'
tall Hollyhocks.
For the first time in the 10 years we have lived in this house, we had
three different hummingbirds in our yard in one day: Black Chinned,
Calliope, and Rufous.
The rufous male was spectacular!
The photographs show all the different colors, with the yellow/orange being
my favorite.
Sure hope they all stick around for another few months.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/93843744@N06/

Aaron Driscoll
Colorado Springs