COBirders,

Today my boys and I made a trip out to Ramah SWA, northeast El Paso county.  We
were mostly looking for bugs but still managed to look at a few birds.  The
highlights were THREE (that is a lot for El Paso county) BALTIMORE ORIOLEs.
Two adult males and then a third female type bird.  The other real highlight as
for me it is only the second I have ever seen in the county was a FIELD
SPARROW.  There were about 20 CLAY-COLORED SPARROWs and a single CHIPPING
SPARROW.  Undoubtedly there were more than just that single Chipping but that
is all I saw.  We also had an Archilochus species but just did not get a good
enough look at it and no chance to photograph it.  All of this was in the
afternoon.  Not much else of interest but I suspect timing and lack of
concentrating on the birds played a part in that.

-----
Mark Peterson
Colorado Springs