I neglected to mention that yesterday on my return from Crow Valley I stopped
at Crom Lake (Weld CR31 just south of 90Road (= just west of the town of
Pierce)).  On the west side of the road (east side essentially all dried up)
was a nice group of about 20 Stilt Sandpipers, one Baird's Sandpiper, and one
Least Sandpiper, along with a throng of swallows (99% Barn, but also present
was at least one Cliff (studied well, possibility of it being Cave Swallow
eliminated) and one brown swallow that appeared to have white surrounding the
eye (Violet-green?) but I am still leaning toward young Bank).  The light was
horrible (that's my excuse for not being sure about the swallows and I'm
sticking to it).

Also, given the fact people have been seeing southbound kettles of Swainson's
Hawks in southeastern CO numbering over 100 individuals, it is interesting that
a good number still exist in northeastern CO.  That will soon change.

Dave Leatherman
Fort Collins