At the Department of Parks and Wildlife Moose Visitor Center on the west side
of Cameron Pass along SR14 at Gould (Jackson), the following appeared at the
feeders behind the VC yesterday during fairly cold temps and light falling snow:

Pine Grosbeak (9)
Gray-crowned Rosy-Finch (about 75)
Brown-capped Rosy-Finch (5 or so)
Black Rosy-Finch (0)
COMMON GRACKLE (1)
Gray Jay (2)
Steller's Jay (20)
Mountain Chickadee (25)
Black-capped Chickadee (5)
Dark-eyed Junco (5)

Red Squirrel (2)

Rumor has it the State Land Board is considering privatizing at least some of
their holdings on Cameron Pass.  It would be a shame if the Moose Visitor
Center facility passes from public to private hands, in my opinion.

Of note, I saw no dippers or pygmy-owls along the drive up Poudre Canyon, but
my method was casual and only generated one ibuprofen-worth of neck craning.

Dave Leatherman
Fort Collins