What an interesting thread this has been (what to report, how to report, and if
reporting, how fast to report--or do it at all?). I get the digest so I just
read through many opinions in a short time. The perspectives were interesting
to me, and many expressed at least one aspect of the subject that resonated
acutely with my way of loving the birdwatching activity.

This led me to ask myself why I read Cobirds (somebody else brought this up...
). I think that while the constant flow of "rare or uncommon sightings" is
mildly interesting, I'm not much of a chaser unless the bird is 5 minutes away
by car, or a bike-able distance! So what I'm looking for here are mainly two
things that appeal to me:  good birding stories (anecdotes) about wildlife or
human behavior, often both at the same time; and, What is the seasonal drift?
What birds are now appearing where at this time of year? So the latter often is
NOT uncommon or rare, but rather, typical, or if not, perhaps a new trend
(we'll see).

I sense that I'm in the minority. I just wanted that minority viewpoint to
appear in the thread.

Happy hunting, everyone.

Linda Andes-Georges
central Boulder County (shortgrass prairie)

PS  On a strictly birdy note, we've had the aforementioned 3-jay days many days
straight now, weeks even. In this matter, we're geographically between the far
East (Centennial) and foothills:  2 Scrub Jays, 1 Steller's, bunches of
Bluejays... If only a Gray Jay would show up, I could boast of an "Uncommon" of
my own!