Thanks for sending this out, Linda, and for your thoughts. We appreciate
your interest, especially given that you're up in Longmont!

Yes, we've been in touch with El Paso County's Park planner, Ross Williams,
since the master-planning process began. Aiken Audubon has sent out word on
the upcoming meeting, and will be represented. The more eyes and ears on
these type of plans, the better, so I hope others will be encouraged to
attend.

Ross and staff have encouraged birders' participation in their
master-planning processes, and have shown that they're willing to listen.
You may recall that, after much protest, the proposed dog park in Fountain
Creek Regional Park was moved to a less wildlife-impactful location.

McCrae Reservoir (aka Carp Lake) lies within Widefield Community Park, and
there's been talk of a boardwalk in that area. I'd suggest keeping an eye
on that fine line where the desires of the people and the needs of wildlife
meet.

Hope to see some of you at the meeting.

*Linda Hodges*
*​Conservation Chair*