Hello Fellow Birders,
   I apologize for the late post, I needed to get confirmation.
   The bird was first seen around 7:30 Sunday morning and left the pond around
10:30.  It was in a near-empty retention pond at the NE corner of Rio Grande
County Roads 8S & 5E.  I took several photos that require significant
enlargement to identify the bird, they arte not included here but I'll email
them to anyone who asks.  A local birder told me it might be an early record
for the Valley but that's not yet been determined.
Keep Smilin',
Sent from my Remington Rand Typewriter via my Rotary Dial Wall Phone