Bob, Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be much we can do about thugs
breaking into locked vehicles except maybe aftermarket alarms with sirens,
and make sure you leave everything you are not going to carry with you at
home.
Ira Sanders
Golden, CO

On Sat, Apr 14, 2018 at 3:56 PM, Robert Righter <rorigh...@earthlink.net>
wrote:

> Hi
>
> A SUV was broken into at the parking lot at River Bend Ponds Natural Area
> east of Fort Collins. The back, side window was busted in and according to
> the lady occupant they got her hand bag, containing wallet, ID money,
> driver license, phone, the works. She had no ID indicating who she was!
>
> Just recently Hugh Kingery reported a break in at Wheat Ridge Greenbelt.
> So there seems to be a trend occurring with break ins at
> recreational-birding area's parking lots.
>
> This happened to me while birding in Moss Landing, California several
> years ago. Apparently not all the surfers on top to the sand dunes were
> looking for the perfect wave, others were looking for more lucrative
> opportunities.  Lost new Lieca scope and new fancy tripod, My wife lost her
> hand bag containing two much money, driver’s license  binocs— the works
>
> Please be aware when birding of all parking lots.
>
> Bob Righter
> Denver CO
>

> --
> msgid/cobirds/6CCA8468-4296-4D06-A9F1-21DD04C86A2D%40earthlink.net
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/6CCA8468-4296-4D06-A9F1-21DD04C86A2D%40earthlink.net?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .

Ira Sanders
Golden, CO
"My mind is a raging torrent flooded with rivulets of thought cascading
into a waterfall of creative alternatives."