Upon returning from work this afternoon, I was greeted by a collection of
small, brown birds. Inspecting them, I found two White-crowned Sparrows, a
Vesper, a continuing Lincoln's Sparrow, and, behind them all, a Hermit
Thrush. The White-crowned and Vesper and thrush seem to have shown up in
the past 24 hours, as they weren't there yesterday. The Vesper was a new
yard bird for me.

Soon after, a Great Blue Heron flew low over my yard. My chihuahua-terrier,
who's usually blissfully unaware of birds, couldn't help but chase after
and growl at the apparent monster above us.

- Jared Del Rosso
Centennial, CO