I have started to see a huge decrease of Orioles in my neighborhood in Green
Mountain. Populations started to decrease with the increase of Coopers Hawk
along the front range.  Ten years ago, we had large numbers of Grackles, good
numbers of Orioles, and more Robins in the neighborhood.  The decrease in my
opinion was caused by the spread of Eurasian Collared Doves throughout the
country.  Once they arrived, the Coopers Hawks soon followed with the large
increase of food.  It used to be rare to have a Coopers Hawk in the summer.
During the winter months, it was Sharp-shinned hawks, which seemed to decrease
also. The only increase has been the number of Black-chinned and Broad-tailed
Hummingbirds.  They are benefiting from the decreased number of predators like
Blue Jays, Grackles, etc. who prey on their nest.  Just my opinion...

Mark Chavez
Lakewood-Green Mtn
http://jaeger29.smugmug.com/