Saw or heard at least three pairs of Bullocks this morning going north on
the Teller Lakes Trail from Valmont Rd. in Boulder County. Also saw a very
loud and prominent young Orchard Oriole along the same route. Not the same
one I saw a couple weeks ago, as those were more mature. This had the
coloration of a 1st year male.
I've generally been seeing more Bullocks this year than the last couple
years. Could be my paying more attention or could be a trend.
Sounds like you should take a trip north to see them.
Good birding!
Van Rudd
Louisville, CO