Also note that Linda Hodges from Auken Audubon and a person whose name i
did not get also spoke.

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: SeEttaM <seet...@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Aug 12, 2020, 1:45 PM
Subject: Re: Chico decision this Weds
To: Peg Rooney <drpe...@gmail.com>
Cc: Harry Rurup <hantho...@yahoo.com>, Lura Zimmerman <zl...@hotmail.com>,
Richard/Mary Tucey <rtu...@gmail.com>, Leon Bright <urra...@comcast.net>,
Mark Yaeger <rade...@hotmail.com>, Brandon Percival <flammow...@gmail.com>,
Margie Joy <mar1...@juno.com>

I listened to and spoke at the State Land Board meeting just a bit ago in
regards to Chico Basin plans. I spoke as an individual citizen as Peg had
already sent in AVAS comments and from the perspective as the person who
worked to put Chico Basin into Stewardship Trust status originally  for
AVAS.

The good news is the State Land Board membership voted unanimously to
retain the entirety of Chico Basin Ranch (not sell part of it) and to lease
it as one entity (not dividing into 3 sections and leasing separately) and
to extend this to 2034.  This is a big win for conservation of the natural
values and for those who enjoy birding at the Ranch.

Let me note that the Commissioners took note of the significant interest in
the Ranch as indicated by the many comments submitted.  So yes, comments
are helpful.

SeEttaMoss