Cobirds,
I stopped by Little Gaynor Lake this morning, where there are now buggy and
sloppy (and smelly) mud flats.  Due to heat waves visibility was not optimal,
but it was fairly easy to see a loose group of 15 or so Calidris sandpipers.  I
think most were Least, but there were 4 similar-plumaged ones towering over
them, which I'm pretty sure were Pectoral.  eBird flagged them so I thought I'd
let you all know in case someone wants to try to confirm.  Also, plenty of
killdeer.  Plus about 20 teal and shovelers in the shallow water and assorted
larger dabblers out in deeper water.
Anyway, all that mud has got to be attractive to other migrating shorebirds so
Little Gaynor may be worth a look during the next couple of weeks.
Peter RuprechtSuperior, CO