>>    * Syntax constructs from the supported source languages are matched with
>>      "key words" that are often similar (or even identical) to the host
>> language
>>      (within SmPL scripts).
>
> This is an enormous amount of verbiage,

Interesting view …

> and I don't see the relevance to the question.

I am trying to explain the matching from syntax elements of the
C programming language to the means of the semantic patch language
from my view.

> Furthermore, I would very much appreciate it if you would stop responding
> to any questions from new users.

I find this kind of response surprising.

Would you eventually like to benefit from additional views which evolved
during collaboration of some years?

> You are not the developer or maintainer of Coccinelle.

This information is appropriate to some degree.

How do you think about the evolution around roles like "intensive SmPL user",
"system tester", "bug reporter" and "supporter"?

* I am trying to contribute a bit also to your software.

* I am active as another ordinary free software for years.

> You don't represent the tool in any way.

I do not represent it "officially". - But I can imagine that my software
development activities have got some useful "side effects" from
which a kind of "image" or "representation" could have evolved already.

> A very large portion of the information that you provide is incorrect

Would you like to clarify this a bit more?

> or unnecessary.

I got an other impression about the necessity.

> I am very concerned that you will frighten people away,

I can understand your concern a bit.

> especially if you ask them to do things that go beyond their
> intended involvement, such as your "Do you see further chances to
> reduce..." comment below.

The involvement can eventually increase, can't it?

> The next time you answer a question from a newcomer where your answer
> either includes a question or goes beyond say 3 lines of text, I will
> adjust your subscription to the mailing list such that you no longer
> receive mail.

Did you really get so angry that you reconsider our collaboration in such
a drastic way?

> I'm sure you consider that you are helping out,

I hope so.

Did my small script examples help a bit in the requested clarification?

> but you are not,

I find this feedback interesting and surprising.

> and it needs to stop immediately.

How can software development discussions be continued after such a response?

Regards,
Markus