>> expression list y;
>> @@
>> -DBG_PRINTF
>> +NV_PRINTF
>>            (
>> -          (x),
>>             y);
>
> This doesn't work:

Do you care if a macro (or function) parameter is optionally enclosed by
parentheses?

> -        DBG_PRINTF((DBG_MODULE_OS, DEBUGLEVEL_ERRORS,
> -            "NVRM: x86emu: int $%d (eax = %08x)\n", num, M.x86.R_EAX));
> +        NV_PRINTF();

Does this test result need any further clarification for the desired
software behaviour on an other change granularity?

> I always appreciate optimization suggestions.

I have got another software development idea for this transformation approach.

How do you think about to improve the replacement specification a bit more
by combining the variants A  till D into a single SmPL rule which will use
a nested SmPL disjunction?

Regards,
Markus