> For c programmers, the first way of writing may be easier to understand;

I suggest the reduction of a bit of redundant C code within
SmPL search specifications.

> in addition, the second way, its two brackets are not well aligned.

There can be different preferences for the SmPL coding style
around nested disjunctions.

> Msg has a lot of chars more than one line, it will also add the line number
> in p1/p2 into msg.
> If we remove the msg variable, the print_report function may be more
> complicated.

The message text can be also rearranged on separate lines
without additional variables for such simple commands, can't it?

> In addition, we see that many cocci also have msg variables.

Do you know further possibilities for longer string literals (in Python)?
https://docs.python.org/3/reference/lexical_analysis.html#string-literal-concatenation

Regards,
Markus