>>> You can try with the option --debug.
>>> Or if that doesn't help with the option --verbose-ctl-engine.
>>
>> How can these parameters help to clarify undesirable run time
>> characteristics?
>
> How about actually looking at the results yourself?

I did that. - I do not find these extra data so helpful at the moment.

The influence of presented background information on software execution speed
is still unclear.

>> replacement: already tagged token:
>
> You try to add two things one one token, which is not allowed.

Are there any other software development challenges to consider
for the insertion of a bit of source code at a function implementation end?

…
out_kfree_ioc:
        kfree(ioc);
        return error;