Markus Elfring <markus.elfr...@web.de> writes:

>>> I am curious for the safe handling of related software development
>>> challenges.

>>> Will adjustments become more interesting also around such name space issues?
>>
>> I'm not sure I understand your question.  Can you elaborate?
>
> Do we come along the need to adjust (or even improve) two software areas?
>
> * How many software implementations use identical type definitions
>   and function-like macros?

I don't know.  For what it's worth, it's valid C.  Unless I'm mistaken,
Coccinelle tries to support as much of C as it possibly can.

The QEMU project can certainly work around this Coccinelle bug /
restriction.

I'm reporting it because I've found Coccinelle useful.

> * How will the evolution be continued around Coccinelle?

Is this a question about Coccinelle's future?