Hi Martin !
What I want is a file that I can use to install cockpit in my reaspberries that
are not connected to the internet. In those systems I don't have connection to
download all dependencies to use "make install".
I tried using "dpkg-buildpackage -b -us -uc -d" inside my build folder after
using autogen.sh & make and copying the tools/debian to build/debian but in one
of the steps it runs the rules script and then it fails because of a missing
tools/cockpit.debian.pam file.
This file is actually available inside the tools folder but I'm afraid I'm
doing something wrong.
Is there any special procedure to create a releasing package using the debian
folder ?

Do you have any other suggestion to create some package that I can use for
offline installation ?

Thank you very much !