On 6 Mar '08, at 12:35 PM, Charles Ross wrote:
However, the following code, when run from a simple Foundation Tool I built to figure out what's going on, never gets to the second NSLog statement, even after running for more than ten minutes. Is this process really taking that long or am I missing something?
I think the pipe blocks because the file handle's buffer fills up. You don't have any code that reads the data from the file handle. If you want to buffer all of the output into memory, you'll have to write code to do that yourself (although it would be better to process the lines incrementally.)
FYI, in general if you're wondering what a process is taking time doing, the quickest way to find out is to use Activity Monitor, or the "sample" command, to sample it for a few seconds .
—Jens
smime.p7s
Description: S/MIME cryptographic signature
_______________________________________________ Cocoa-dev mailing list ([email protected]) Please do not post admin requests or moderator comments to the list. Contact the moderators at cocoa-dev-admins(at)lists.apple.com Help/Unsubscribe/Update your Subscription: http://lists.apple.com/mailman/options/cocoa-dev/archive%40mail-archive.com This email sent to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
