On Mar 6, 2008, at 2:35 PM, Charles Ross wrote:


[..]

If I enter the following command in the terminal, it returns about 20,000 records to the screen in about one second:

sqlite3 Videos.sql 'select * from ZVIDEOS'

The file has a fairly large number of records, almost 20,000. However, the following code, when run from a simple Foundation Tool I built to figure out what's going on, never gets to the second NSLog statement, even after running for more than ten minutes. Is this process really taking that long or am I missing something?

You need to read the data before the task can finish.

Simplest case:

...
        [t launch];
        NSLog(@"t launched");
        NSData *d=[fh readDataToEndOfFile]; // <-- read here!
        [t waitUntilExit];
        NSLog(@"done waiting");

Gerd

_______________________________________________

Cocoa-dev mailing list ([email protected])

Please do not post admin requests or moderator comments to the list.
Contact the moderators at cocoa-dev-admins(at)lists.apple.com

Help/Unsubscribe/Update your Subscription:
http://lists.apple.com/mailman/options/cocoa-dev/archive%40mail-archive.com

This email sent to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to