I completely agree - and I wrote CamelBones, the Cocoa/Perl bridge. It is, and always has been, my opinion that language bridges are not an adequate substitute for learning Cocoa's native language, Objective-C. What they are
*great* for is giving additional options to a skilled programmer who's
already familiar with both Cocoa and a scripting language. Someone who tries to use them as a means to avoid Objective-C is just setting themselves up
for a lot of frustration.

I also find that (if you're already familiar with Cocoa, and if you're willing to put up with the corner cases) languages bridges like the Ruby, Python, and Perl bridges are really great tools for prototyping things quickly, and learning new APIs. For example, with Leopard I've used Ruby to learn more about the RSS handling of the Publish and Subscribe APIs, as well as to explore some of the functionality found in the scripting bridge. YMMV.

Someday I should try using F-Script for that kind of thing too...

Scott