On Nov 5, 2015, at 6:58 PM, Carl Hoefs wrote:

> Thanks for the tip, I'll look into it.
>
> (As a general thought, though, it would appear that UIAlertController
> should be a singleton app-wide, and it should manage its own serialized
> presentation. Any other solution seems like external plumbing to fix a
> design problem.)
> -Carl
>
>> Pretty sure the WWDC 2015 video on NSOperations tackles a similar scenario
>> in a quite elegant way. That might be worth investigating.
>>
>> Peter
>>
>>> On Nov 5, 2015, at 6:42 PM, Carl Hoefs <newsli...@autonomy.caltech.edu>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> A queue of what? I would think that if only a single alert view can be
>>> presented at a time, then iOS would serialize them and present them when
>>> earlier ones complete. Is there no system-level solution to this?
>>> -Carl

Your own queue.  A queue of data you want to be displayed within alerts.  Cook
up an alert manager that can handle more than one alert.  You could even make
one that is paged to go from alert to alert and display the # of the alert is
within the total # of alerts.  Change OK to OK and Next.

Honestly, I've got no idea if there is a system level one or not, but I'm on my
second project in the same year where we needed something like this.

It seems to be a reoccurring need.