I don't remember the details, but I seem to recall you having to override some
methods in NSDocument (saving, closing, etc.) and possibly NSApplication
terminate to get the behavior it sounds like you require. The app I worked on
wanted to make sure the user had an option to submit an action to an outside
service even though the data was saved.
--
Gary L. Wade (Sent from my iPad)
http://www.garywade.com/