On Feb 12, 2016, at 12:37 , Carl Hoefs <newsli...@autonomy.caltech.edu> wrote:

> Wouldn't that necessitate the invocation of the delegate callback method
> -tableView:cellForRowAtIndexPath:? FWIW, the next time the app is run, the
> additional data does appear in the table.

Yes. In fact, the first thing you’re likely to get is the “numberOfRows…” data
source callback.

> There must be something obvious I'm overlooking...

I dunno, you might have to think laterally. One particular fiendish
manifestation occurs when you accidentally have two (more-or-less) identical
table views, and you’re reloading data on the wrong one. Typically this occurs
when the developer creates one in code, not realizing that the one on the
storyboard is “real”, or when the developer accidentally duplicates the table
view in IB, and doesn’t notice.

I think the one thing you can count on is that the ‘reloadData’ API isn’t
broken.