Isn't runModalForWindow() supposed to activate the window which formerly
had the focus when it returns? It doesn't do this here. When runModalForWindow()
returns, the window that was active when I called runModalForWindow()
isn't made active again.

Of course, I could do this manually by calling makeKeyAndOrderFront()
on that window after runModalForWindow() returns but I think that it
would be much more natural if this task was handled by runModalForWindow().

Thus my question: Is this the normal behaviour of runModalForWindow()
or am I doing something wrong here?

I first thought that this behaviour might be due to my custom application
setup and event handling but it isn't. I can also reproduce the behaviour
in a minimal example program. I'm attaching this minimal example program
for reference. Granted, it doesn't call NSApplicationMain() but I think
it is nevertheless a good OS X citizen because it does [NSApp run] and
doesn't do any custom event handling.

--
Best regards,
 Andreas Falkenhahn                          mailto:andr...@falkenhahn.com