Are you asking about an NSFetchRequest that notices when objects are added to
or changed in your persistent store by another process, or by another thread in
the same process?

In the latter case you can use the notifications posted by the
NSManagedObjectContext that's being saved, and use that to refresh the objects
in the context you're using for your human interface.

Multi-process coordination is a much harder problem.

 -- Chris