Hello, I've got an app "Truth Tables" which does parsing and highlighting
of an expression.

I use a custom subclass of NSTextField in a toolbar.. it's worked fine
until the system font changed I think, but I'm not 100% sure because I've
only noticed the problem recently.

Here is the font code which triggers the issue (the commented out line is
the one that causes odd alignment behaviour):

// For some reason, when using this font, the vertical alignment becomes
odd.

//NSFont * identifierFont = [[NSFontManager sharedFontManager]
convertFont:self.font toHaveTrait:NSBoldFontMask];

NSFont * identifierFont = self.font;

There is a full source code listing here:
https://gist.github.com/ioquatix/f8357f895fbefe4ad96a9e71e668dbf3

When using self.font, everything is fine. But when using the bold variant,
the alignment is a bit off.

I've made a video demonstrating the issue because it's hard to describe:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTxTYhfjz8Y

Wondering if anyone has any idea what's going on here? Or where to start
trying to figure out?

Kind regards,
Samuel