> On Nov 12, 2016, at 10:41 AM, Richard Charles <rcharles...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Why is the documentation team going down this bizarre path? Do they really
> think we will be programming on iPads some day?

I hate to beat a dead horse here but there really does seem to be an effort
underway to dumb down the developer documentation.

Here is a fustrating example I just encountered.

The current online documentation for NSManagedObject refers three times to a
"Managed Object Accessor Methods" section in the Core Data Programming Guide.
However it appears this section has now been entirely removed from the guide.
Reaching this conclusion is a difficult task because there is no longer a pdf
of the guide to search through. Apple only provides searching through all
guides or manually drilling and dragging through a single guide searching for
the revelant information.

So I guess the lesson here is if you have pdfs of the documentation you may
want to consider saving it rather than tossing it. Somebody needs to start an
online repository of older Apple developer documentation in pdf format. Now
that would be helpful.

--Richard Charles