On 21 Jun '08, at 12:10 AM, Damien Cooke wrote:

You make an excellent point. My app does take too long to load. Once I get closer to release I will see what I can do to reduce the load time. Perhaps move some stuff out of the MainMenu.xib.

You've currently got a chicken-and-egg problem, then, because the splash screen needs to be in MainMenu.xib and won't be displayed until it loads...

Have you tried profiling your application's launch time with Shark? It's pretty easy to do, and the results might surprise you. Sometimes it's something quite unexpected that's taking up the excess time.

—Jens