That was a good read, thank you for passing that on. It highlights a good
point, that Apple is itself releasing applications with non-Mac UI (News,
Home, Stocks, Voice Memos are mentioned in that article). In fact those
applications are forced upon the user in a way that I've never seen before,
as if they are core system components. As a slightly interesting aside, the
Stocks app on my MacOS installation has always been called "Μετοχές.app",
which might be Greek? I've never known why, and as I cannot delete or
uninstall it due to System Integrity Protection I have simply ignored it.