> On Oct 24, 2019, at 4:01 PM, Gabriel Zachmann via Cocoa-dev
> <cocoa-dev@lists.apple.com> wrote:
>

>>> https://developer.apple.com/account/#/feedback-assistant
>>>
>>> https://developer.apple.com/account/#/forums
>>

>> Good luck with that. I've been using OSX/macOS since the Panther days and
>> quite frankly I don't think Apple cares.
>
> Occasionally, I send a bugreport via https://feedbackassistant.apple.com/
> And occasionally, I do get a response, usually they ask for additional
> information.
>
> So, i think, they do listen to the feedback on that channel, at least.
>
> Best regards, Gabriel
        My experience is similar.  I’ve had numerous bug reports I’ve written
fixed over the years.  Some took longer than others, but they do get fixed.
From talking to some Apple engineers I’m friends with, the key is to write an
actionable bug (e.g. provide screen shots, screen recordings, logs and most
importantly reproducible steps).  If you write a bug that isn’t actionable then
there isn’t much they can do with it.  If its a ranty bug report, which
apparently happens a lot, it goes into a black-hole never to see the light of
day if it doesn’t just get closed right off the bat.  So try to keep opinions &
criticisms out of it.  Just the facts and keep it professional.  If you run
with any haxies and system mods then that makes it even harder for them to
diagnose & fix issues.  Especially if it uses code injection to do it’s thing.
Chances are high the bug is in the haxie/system mod not the OS.  Otherwise they
would likely have gotten more reports about it and have fixed it.
        As for forums & mailing lists, some Apple engineers do lurk on them and
do reply from time to time.  But it isn’t part of their job.  They do it on
their own.  So I agree that if you want to provide feedback, do it via a bug
report not via the forums & mailing lists.

—Rob