On 10/24/19 8:45 AM, Ray, Jeffrey R. {Jeff} (AFRC-630) via Cocoa-dev wrote:
I have a multi-platform OpenGL app (most code is c++, a tiny bit is Obj-C++).
It switches between windowed and full screen mode by having an allocated-once
window, and an allocated-and-destroyed full screen that comes and goes as
needed.

This worked correctly under Xcode 4.  Due to local policy, I was prohibited
from upgrading until it suddenly became mandatory, and I jumped from Xcode 4 to
Xcode 10.  Now my code no longer works correctly.  Specifically, the window
works, and going to full screen works, but when I try to switch back to
windowed mode (by deallocating the full screen window and letting it go away on
its own), it no longer goes away.

I think I recall something on this list about changes to auto pools and ARC in
newer Xcode, but a search didn’t produce it.  I’m no expert in Obj-C, so I’m
hoping someone can point me in the right direction.  My attempts have only
resulted in memory faults.

Thanks in advance!

I think the trick is that you have to say [window orderOut: something] rather than just releasing the window. Not sure when that changed.