On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 8:34 AM, em <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I would like to be able to  reassign the primary system keyboard input so as
> to direct it to an incoming  network stream.   It's a general query at
> present and any suggestions would be appreciated.  I'm leaning toward writing
> a Cocoa/Objective C/PPC Masm app--locating and modifying the "remote apple
> events" api (if there is one), but i'm not sure whether this can be done by
> simply re-directing a unix pipe, or tweaking Darwin.

...huh?  You're looking at writing an application in Objective-C using
the Cocoa framework in PowerPC assembler?  This doesn't make sense.
Alternatively, you want to know if you can achieve your goal of
sending Remote Apple Events by "re-directing a unix pipe" (which also
doesn't make sense) or tweaking the open-source operating system that
is based on the same kernel as OS X?

What exactly are you trying to accomplish?  Something similar to
netcat, or VNC, or a proprietary remote control interface, or...?

--Kyle Sluder