Take a look at the darwin-dev lists. You could reroute the keyboard events in kernel space to go to your daemon instead of its typical path to user land. Then have your daemon send the events over the network to a daemon on a 2nd computer, then have the 2nd daemon reinject them to your target system. Take a look at the IOHIKeyboard class, it is easily hookable. It isnt too different to do the same with mouse events as well.