Note that if a file is on a secondary volume, and you move the file to the Trash, it doesn't get moved to ~/.Trash; you'll find it in the .Trashes directory on the root of the volume on which it resides.

--
m-s

On 11 Jul, 2008, at 10:42, Abernathy, Joshua wrote:

~/.Trash?

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
] On Behalf Of Ruotger Skupin
Sent: Friday, July 11, 2008 10:39 AM
To: Cocoa-dev@lists.apple.com
Subject: Trashing files and undo

Hi,

my app trashes files with -[NSWorkspace
performFileOperation:source:destination:files:tag:] and
NSWorkspaceRecycleOperation. This works flawlessly but users want undo.

NSWorkspace does not seem to allow undoing said file operation (or any
file operation for that matter). Correct me if I'm wrong.

So I might have to figure out where the trash directory for a given
volume/user/file etc is and move it myself. Is there an easy way to
find that out?

Thanks for any pointers

        Ruotger
stics.com