Hi,

if I get you right, you are suggesting I put an alias to the file into (say) ~/Library/Application Support/MyApp/UndoAliases/ remember the original path/filename then trash the file. To get it back I resolve the alias and move/rename it.

What's the advantage over the FSRef solution Charles proposed?

Ruotger