On Jul 18, 2008, at 4:55 PM, Hamish Allan wrote:
On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 9:21 PM, Andy Lee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

What would you use for adjectives -- "owned" and "unowned"?

How about "retained" and "unretained"? As in: "this method returns an
unretained object".

Unfortunately, there's no such thing as an unretained object. When an object stops being retained, it gets dealloced.

I thought of "pre-retained" and not "not pre-retained," but those are ugly and probably flawed in some way too. Anyway, I'm done making suggestions for now. There will be plenty of opportunities the inevitable next time this topic heats up. :)

--Andy