On Jul 30, 2008, at 8:55 AM, Tim McGaughy wrote:

On Jul 29, 2008, at 9:22 PM, John Joyce wrote:

Does anybody have a means or a tool for checking for hackintoshes?
I really don't approve of such things and would like to leave clever messages on my own software if it is run on a hackintosh.

What's a hackintosh?

A Windows PC that has been hacked to some extent so as to be able to install OS X. I didn't actually know myself, but Google is your friend. It looks like you first muck with the BIOS to make the PC friendlier to the OS installer and the OS itself, then away you go.