Howdy LA CocoaHeads.

We will be meeting this Thursday, 8/14/08 at 7:30pm.

We will be discussing our upcoming group study of Aaron Hillegass' book "Cocoa Programming for Mac OS X, 3rd Edition". I've had a lot of positive responses to my last email, so I think we'll be able to start this group study on August 28th, meeting every 2 weeks from then on.

Besides discussion of the study group, the floor will be open for your Cocoa programming questions.

If you're not on the LA CocoaHeads mailing list, please sign up to be kept up-to-date on our schedule and reading assignments. (It's a very low-traffic list, please don't sign up with the Digest version, as digests often go out long after meeting announcements are made and you'll miss timely emails.)

------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------
We meet on Thursday at the offices of E! Entertainment at 7:30pm.

Our meeting location is

5750 Wilshire Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90036.

Here's a google map of the location:

http://www.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=5750+Wilshire+Blvd,+Los+Angeles +CA+90036&ie=UTF8&z=15&om=1&iwloc=addr

Free street parking is available. I'd suggest trying Masselin Ave, which is one block East of Courtyard Place.

We meet near the lobby of the West building at 5750 Wilshire Blvd, on the West side of Courtyard Place. There are picknick tables in front of the lobby and we'll gather there starting at 7:20pm. From there we go inside and up to conference room 3A at around 7:45pm .

If you arrive late, please ask the building security personnel in the lobby to direct you to the E! Security office, and they will be able to contact the group in conference room 3A and send someone down to meet you.

If you have any questions, please email Rob Ross at rross at comcastnetsdhotcom

Rob Ross, Lead Software Engineer
E! Networks