Hi List,

I noticed something today while building a new popup-popup-popup
template: when the user changes the comparator (a simple is/is not in
my case), the third popup resets itself to the default value instead
of maintaining the selection the user had already chosen.  The same is
true if the third view in my template is a text field.  If they enter
text, then change the value from "contains" to "begins with", the text
they've entered is removed.

I understand that templates are copied like mad behind the scenes of
the editor and that popups are treated differently, but I'm not sure
how I go about fixing this.  I tried subclassing NSPopUpButton to see
what is passed for setObjectValue but the editor doesn't seem to like
a subclassed NSPopUpButton.  Instead, it ignores it and displays
nothing.  Very strange.

Any thoughts on where I should start looking?  Thanks

--
Jim
http://nukethemfromorbit.com