Since you can't use NSImage, you could try Core Image.

You can do all that with CGImage in your restricted environment. You can use a bitmap or layer context and then later render it on whatever view you wish.

There is a good Core Graphics Quartz tutorial at http://developer.apple.com/documentation/GraphicsImaging/Conceptual/drawingwithquartz2d/dq_intro/chapter_1_section_1.html

Helder.

--
Helder da Rocha ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Sao Paulo, Brazil

Christian Giordano wrote:
Thanks Mike, I can't use NSImage (guess why) but a subset. Btw, the
problem I have is that I have a view which contains an image. I would
like to draw in the image, not in the container view so I need to
provide to the draw method the image context. Is this a good approach
or all the drawing should happen in the view context? Should I extend
the image view and handle the routing internally?

Thanks, chr

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 11:08 AM, Mike Abdullah