On 16 Dec 2008, at 17:46, Geoff Beier wrote:

Sorry. I was pointing to a different part of the advice:

you
want to bypass the warning for your real app after the user has accepted
the
warning in for your installer, look at the keys and constants in
<LaunchServices/LSQuarantine.h> for what you can pass to
LSSetItemAttribute() in LaunchServices.

I think it should work if you don't feel like PackageMaker works for
you. Did you try it? Did it work?

Did you try calling LSSetItemAttribute() on your cleanup bundle and on
your real application? (or shelling out to xattr if that's easier from
the context of your installer?) Did it fix your warnings? What
problems did it cause you? All I saw in your follow-up was discussion
about packagemaker. Did I miss where you talked about trying the
LaunchServices calls?

Sorry, I misunderstood. I haven't used any LaunchServices calls, it wouldn't really work anyway, since I'd get still get 2 or 3 security dialogs and I just want one (or none).

1.  Download .dmg file.
2.  Mount the Image (Security Dialog).
3.  Launch the Installer AppleScript (Security Dialog).
4.  Launch the CleanUp AppleScript Security Dialog).
5. Launch the Real App, (Security Dialog after doing the LaunchServices magic).

All I have done is to create an Installer with PackageMaker, but I can't get it to installer a folder with the files in it.

All the Best
Dave