On 29 Apr 2009, at 11:44, Kyle Sluder wrote:

On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 6:00 AM, Alastair Houghton
<alast...@alastairs-place.net> wrote:
But all of this is somewhat academic in a way, because Apple has handily provided NSOperationQueue for you which is probably what you should be using unless you have some backwards compatibility requirement or some other
requirement that NSOperationQueue doesn't satisfy.

NSOperationQueue is broken:
http://www.mikeash.com/?page=pyblog/dont-use-nsoperationqueue.html

Yes, it is, though I was under the impression that not everyone was seeing problems with it. However, given the simpler sample program Mike put in the comments, it does look pretty borked to me.

Anyway, there's always

<http://www.rogueamoeba.com/utm/2008/12/01/raoperationqueue-an-open-source-replacement-for-nsoperationqueue/ >

(for instance).

Kind regards,