On Jul 12, 2009, at 2:17 PM, David W. Berry wrote:

So the jist of it is that I create a subclass of CAKeyframeAnimation that has a sequence of images in it's values property and a sequence of frame durations in the keyTimes property. I can then add the animation to a layer to display and that's where the problem arises. The first time (and only the first time) the animation is played the first few frames don't display (the movies are short, they only consist of 3-12 frames at 15fps) After the first time I play the animation and it fails, I can play the animation just fine.

Please file a bug report on this issue.

One work around is to animate the contentsRect property instead of contents and use the contentsRect to select a portion of a single image that is assigned to the contents property of the layer.
--
David Duncan
Apple DTS Animation and Printing