On Oct 15, 2009, at 10:58 AM, Laurent Daudelin wrote:

Yes, I know, it's terrible, but it's part of being able to convert any document to PDF and so far, I haven't found any other way then using a virtual printer driver. So, I have to temporarily switch to that printer to convert a document, then revert back to what it was. It's not only for my app, so NSPrintInfo is of no use in my situation :-(

For your NSPrintInfo, set NSPrintJobDisposition to NSPrintSaveJob, and set the NSPrintSavePath or NSPrintJobSavingURL (10.6 or later) to the location you want to save the print job to. Then you can just run the print job as usual and it will save the PDF to file.
--
David Duncan
Apple DTS Animation and Printing